Cafe Bar Supervisor
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Food and Service Development
• Conduct full briefings to all staff regarding events, detailing food and food service standards to ensure that the staff are fully aware of the client requirements and their role in delivery.
• Continually monitor the service and food provided at the Bar & any events and where necessary give feedback to the service team to ensure the food and service is of the highest quality and in line with client requirements and the CH&CO style.
• Where necessary contribute to the team’s efforts to ensure the service is provided in a professional and timely manner.
• To ensure that the daily Café preparation, mise-en-place, cleanliness & availability of chinaware, glassware, crockery & cutlery, the personal cleanliness & appearance of each member of staff is in accordance with CH&CO standards
• Maintain a high degree of visibility and a hands on approach throughout the service.
• Act as the first point of reference for all client comments and concerns at a given event, take any necessary action and inform the General Manager of same.
• Actively gain customer feedback and to use the information to improve the offering.
• In the absence of the GM act as the first point of reference for all client comments and concerns and take any necessary action.
• Working with the General Manager to ensure that correct number of staff are available for the service and that staff are utilised effectively and productively throughout.
• Understand and interpret the relevant financial control systems and use the information to measure performance and work with the GM to achieve all financial targets.
• When ordering, noting the correct delivery times & amount (ex VAT) & recording on the invoice tracker
• Assist in weekly stock take as directed
Managing/Developing a Team
• Ensure all staff carry out tasks in accordance with company health, hygiene, quality and safety standards as set out in the appropriate CH&CO manual.
• As directed by the General Manager provide induction, initial skills and on the job training for all staff to ensure the service is delivered in line with client expectations and CH&CO standards.
• Report staff absence, timekeeping, sickness to General Manager.
• Provide feedback and coaching to any member of staff ensuring that all team members are aware of CH&CO standards and requirements, and carry out their jobs to the best of their ability in a timely and efficient manner.
• Conducting new staff inductions
• Utilise contacts and personal profile to attract new business to the site.
• Proactively make suggestions to GM regarding innovation in food and food service to develop the business at the relevant site
• Work with the GM to maximise sales at the relevant site
• To represent the relevant site as necessary at meetings within CH&CO
Health & Safety
• Keep up to date with all COSHH and HACCP procedures and methods.
• Ensure all staff adhere to uniform standards.
• Report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard to the relevant parties on site and in CH&CO.
• Comply with the company Food Safety, Health and Safety, Hygiene and Quality Standards
• To rotate stock & label all food clearly & actively deal with minimizing wastage
• To only use equipment & property for the purposes for which they are intended
• Is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance & upkeep for all equipment, furniture, station & kitchen property in accordance with cleaning schedules