2 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Head Chef looking to showcase your craft-based skills in a diverse, eclectic environment where all food is produced in-house, using fresh locally sourced produce? If your answer is yes, then you could be our next Head Chef responsible for operations in both our Rooftop Restaurant and The Other Place.
What sets this Head Chef role aside from other opportunities?
- You will be working in an independent environment where all food is produced in-house using fresh produce.
- We have a range of catering services, from events, to grab and go in our retail environments to full restaurant service.
- You will be working across multiple settings, overseeing a busy production kitchen at The Other Place and our high volume covers kitchen at the Rooftop Restaurant.
- You will be working with great people in a positive, caring environment.
- You will receive a share of tips based on the hours you work (this isn't guaranteed)
- You will receive an excellent benefits package, including up to 25 days holiday.
- Working hours are up to 48 per week.
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef this role is responsible for the delivery and management of the kitchen and all the food served at the RSC. Collaborating with the Executive Head Chef, you will lead the team to promote all catering within the RSC but primarily the Rooftop Restaurant both in and outside of performance times and in line with organisational objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Meeting and exceeding the agreed budgets and financial aspects of the department.
- Leading, developing and coaching the kitchen team.
- Actively ‘owning’ the food offer across multiple sites and co-develop menus with the Executive Head Chef.
- Full compliance with all food hygiene and associated legislative regulations.
- Ensuring a strong health and safety culture is embedded.
We are proud to produce all our food in-house in Stratford-upon-Avon so you're able to use your skills to create delicious menus within our diverse theatre environment. We are always innovating and looking for fresh ideas and ways of wowing our customers with food that makes their visit to our establishments that bit more memorable.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous experience of working within a high volume, quality food environment at a senior level.
- A serious passion for food.
- A positive and solutions orientated outlook.
- Strong, proven leadership skills.
- Up-to-date food hygiene certificates and knowledge of food standards.
- Good awareness and understanding of health and safety in a kitchen environment
You will be joining a brilliant team of talented Chefs who are keen to continue using their creativity to deliver stunning plates of food.
The RSC strives for excellence, and values integrity, inclusion, ambition and innovation. We act with respect, show leadership and build resilient ways of working in all our activities.
We aim to create a welcoming, supportive environment which is happy, healthy and safe. We place great importance upon developing a diverse, highly motivated and energised workforce to help achieve our priorities. We put our values at the heart of everything we do.
Hear what our Executive Head Chef has to say; https://www.rsc.org.uk/jobs-and-careers/careers-guidance/chef/chef-case-study-simon
Find out more about life as a Chef at the RSC here https://www.rsc.org.uk/jobs-and-careers/careers-guidance/chef
All applications should be made online using the RSC website.
Closing date: 18 November 2018.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all individuals.
The Royal Shakespeare Company (no. 212481) is a publicly funded registered charity.