Catering Assistant - Spice of Life Restaurant Peterborough City Hosp
A great opportunity to join our passionate Retail team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The successful candidate will be required to work 5 days / 7 Fully Flexible between the hours - 07:30 - 21:00, in return we can guarantee 37.5 hours per week.
Please note: All applicants must be available to work through the week, weekends and bank holidays when required.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospital.Main responsibilities
- Set up or close down of Spice of Life restaurant including managing opening and closing stock.
- To maintain stock levels and planograms to the required Brand Standards whilst at the same time delivering outstanding customer service.
- To ensure the cold and hot serveries are maintained with fresh foods
- Use of tills and cash handling including opening and closing of tills in line with profit protection
- Replenishing fridges and displays including stock rotation in accordance with company Food & health and hygiene regulations.
- To be knowledgeable about products and answer customer queries in a timely fashion.
- To assist with wash up, clearing of tables and sweeping and mopping of floor areas
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to work
- Previous retail/Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.