Restaurant Manager - Hever Castle
If you’re a motivated and ambitious Restaurant Manager with a passion for food, exceptional skill set with high end industry experience - develop your career within the world’s leading contract caterer.
This exclusive and historic venue requires a committed Restaurant Manager to deliver exceptionally high standards of service, and who will work within a strong team of up to 20 to provide a smooth and professional catering and event servicePackage description
Up to £22,000
5 out of 7 days - flexibility required with regular weekends
Fantastic new role due to growth within the contract, with clear progression and developmentMain responsibilities
At Hever Castle, we are looking for a passionate Restaurant Manager to join the Moat Restaurant to oversee the full operation and manage a team of driven individuals.
- Coordinate daily Front of House and Back of House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximise customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organise and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback and training to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Conduct stock takes and ordering
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices to ensure development within the team
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant
- Previous restaurant/employee dining/retail management experience
- Food Safety Level 2 required
- Barista experience would be beneficial
- Proven ability to understand GP
- Proactive, enthusiastic and hands on approach
- Shows drive, tenacity and resilience to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational skills in a high volume and demanding environment
- A passion for food and creativity
- Strong management, development and HR skills
- Attention to detail and ability to set high standards
Our company vision is Great People, Great service, Great Results. It’s a vision we hope you’ll share as it’s helped us to become a world class business, with over 50,000 people developing their careers with us, here in the UK alone. Join us and enjoy exceptional support, variety and opportunity.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
So if you are looking for the opportunity to achieve your full potential in a team that is focused on great people and great service, we'd love to hear from you.