This is a unique and fascinating role that is ready for someone to grab and hold their own in what you could call the next step to becoming an Executive Chef. This is a multi-site head Chef managerial and very much a hands-on role. Located in West Sussex, the position is full time and permanent.
There will be some very high profile cliental that you will be providing for throughout the year such as royalty, awards nights, festivals and high-profile dignitaries.
This is not your ordinary Chef role, if you are used to 60+ hours a week then this will feel like a holiday for you with great working hours offered and the freedom to be creative in your menus and who you have to order your ingredients from.
Key Features of the Role:
- As Head Chef you will need to have management skills to control and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities within multi-site operation
- Have the ability to construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings. Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer.
- Everyone in the brigade, from the Kitchen Porter to the Sous Chef, looks to you for inspiration – and you'll have to hold your own with the front of house restaurant staff.
- Act as a born leader who relishes taking responsibility for the running of the kitchen, but also knows when and how to delegate.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an accomplished Head Chef and have experience in a senior position in a high-quality kitchen (ideally 2 rosette or higher)
· Have experience in high volume kitchens
· Experience in conference and banqueting in a 4- or 5-star operation would also be an advantage.
· Food Costings and controlling GP essential for every item.
· Good Computer skills including Outlook, Word & Excel.
· Proven trainer and developer of team members.
· Be reliable, conscientious and punctual able to be a role model who immaculate in presentation and is comfortable talking out front with both our guests and teams
· Understand the local market and can write well put together and properly costed menus that suit the clientele and the brief for the pub.
· Have strong verbal communication and people skills and able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
· Have an excellent working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive basic salary of £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Bonus based on GP
- Cash back on health care
- Unique working hours, day time mainly.
- Every Sunday off
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Head Chef or Executive Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly