A very popular and high-volume Gastro Pub, situated on the outskirts of Botley in South Hampshire, close to the South Coast. They have built a great reputation for serving fresh British cuisine using the freshest locally sourced ingredients.
The owner is very much hands on and brings many years’ experience off the Catering and Hospitality trade to the pub which has seen it grow and prosper into a fantastic eating establishment.
They are in need of a Sous Chef to assist the Head Chef in the everyday running of the kitchen and managing the kitchen in their absence but would also consider an established Junior Sous Chef looking for the next stage in their career.
Key Features of the Role:
As the Sous Chef you are second in hierarchy after Head Chef, which means this position has full control over the kitchen and is directly responsible of the food quality produced, under the supervision of the Head Chef. In addition, you’ll have to take charge of the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
Ensuring you and the team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the guidelines and rules of health and safety
The Sous Chef tasks and responsibilities are diversified and vary from cooking or plating certain dishes to establishing the menu and dealing with the ingredient providers. Therefore, the position requires both culinary and managerial skills.
Full driving license and own reliable transport is required due to the location.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an existing Sous Chef but the Head Chef may consider a Junior Sous Chef looking to make the next step in their career.
· Experience in a high-quality, high volume kitchen.
· Pays great attention to detail around food specification and cooking methods
· Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
· Have a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas
· Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
· Able to motivate and train junior members of the team
· Able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence
· Able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
· Able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets
· Have a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
What’s on Offer?
- A fantastic salary starting at £25,000 up to £27,000 per annum dependent on experience and paid weekly.
- Tips issued, roughly and extra £2000 - £3000 per annum.
- A fun happy place to work where everyone is treated equally and fairly.
- Progression within will be offered for those who show a good level of performance and commitment.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef with your own reliable transport.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly