ITA Venues - Wedding Sales and Marketing Executive
This is a rare opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting sales and events team - ITA!
This role is based at our London Head Office with the sales team; you would represent and sell our venue portfolio and exclusive catering brands CH&CO.
We are looking for a forward thinking, motivated and passionate sales driven person, who is looking for a role where they hit the ground running. This is both a proactive and reactive sales and coordinating position.
A key role within a team of 7; responsible for selling weddings and private events under the leadership of the Head of Sales, with responsibility for selling and administrating to meet revenue targets. The role allows ownership of the vision and plans to proactively develop this important market within the business.
The role requires a strong understanding of marketing approaches and channels. Full responsibility for managing our supplier relationships, negotiating preferred agreements, and renewing all online listings and content as well as managing the wedding social media platforms, is key. There are also opportunities to attend industry exhibitions, plan showcases and network within the events managed by the wider team.
This position is full-time 5 days out of 7 and flexibility is expected to meet with the business needs. The role is mainly sales focused but from time to time there may be a need for operational responsibilities for weddings on the day working in conjunction with the operations team and/or hosting site visits and client meetings during evenings, weekends and possibly bank holidays.
The ideal candidate:
• Has previous experience in wedding planning and event sales and marketing, preferably in a unique venue or 5-star hotel
• Has digital marketing and social media experience
• Has refined oral and written communication skills
• Has strong negotiation skills
• Is personable, friendly and approachable
• Ideally has experience in managing a budget
• Ideally has experience in project managing an event from start to finish
• Has excellent attention to detail
• Has excellent organisation and time management skills
• Has excellent numeracy skills
• Is customer focused
• Is highly competent in use of MS Office and diary management system Rendezvous (or similar)
• Is proactive and self-motivated
• Is able to work well under pressure
• Is enthusiastic and committed to the job and brings creative new ideas to the table
• Is a team player
• Is passionate about food
This job description and person specification is desired guideline but not exhaustive. You may be asked to perform other duties which are not detailed but are in line with the general purpose of your job role and we reserve the right to make changes to this job description as appropriate.