We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
Salary/Hourly Rate: £45,000-50,000 per annum
Working Pattern: 40 hours per week, 5 out of 7
Contract Type: Permananent
Contact Name: Eloisa Cackett
We have a vacancy for a hands on General Manager to work full time hours at a prestigious school.
You will be responsible for:
- Day to day running of the business
- Involved in all elements of stock control, working within financial budgets and managing costs
- Managing and inspiring a team of up to 20 staff
- Experience in counter service
- A talent for providing great looking, fresh food to pupils and staff
- Staff recruitment, including training and appraisals
- Experience working with clients, including good verbal and written communication skills.
- Craft skills valuable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced General Manager with at least two years experience working in a similar fresh food contract caterer
- Passionate about quality of service and food standards
- School experience valuable but not essential
- Able to develop and implement strategies to minimise wastage
- Be able to think on your feet and solve problems
- Be able to manage and motivate the team
- Focus on attention to detail
- Dealing with senior Clients, Managers and Directors
- Friendly, personable and ambitious personality
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.