A great opportunity to join our passionate Patient Dining team as a Supervisor on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting facilitating patients nutrition and hydration needs
In this position you will need to be available to work Monday to Friday and be available to work during the breakfast, lunch or supper service.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able recruiting for a Catering Supervisor to join our team based at BMI The Edgbaston Hospital. This role is based on 30 hours per week on a 5 out of 7 day rota including occasional weekends. Shift patterns may also include working occasional bank holidays.
Please note you must have a full driving licence as this is a dual role you will be required to support both the BMI Edgbaston Hospital and BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital.Main responsibilities
- To work alongside the catering Manager to ensure all team Leaders & Host/ Hostess are completing daily and weekly jobs
- Responsible for the front line patient catering team within the hospital
- To have a close working relationship with the clinical staff to ensure a quick response to all queries raised
- To organize, oversee and develop Team Leaders & Ward Host/Hostess and look for new opportunities to improve the quality and standards of the service and constantly look for new opportunities to improve the service
- Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent in line with company policies
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff
- Undertake and record any training that is completed on all staff’s individual training cards
- To plan, organize and control the Host/Hostess service operation to ensure that quality, presentation and service are provided to the standards required
- To review potential cost reductions and service improvements to the standards as required and discuss with the Service Manager
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience not essential, however a passion for progression and willingness to learn is a must
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
- Strong IT skills - Computer Literate is a must
BMI is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.