We are looking for a highly organised, charming and charismatic individual to become the first general manager of Green Rooms Hotel, the UK’s first Arts-led independent social enterprise hotel, overseeing all aspects of the hotel’s operations including exhibitions, a lively restaurateur programme and a bustling bar. The hotel offers stylish but affordable accommodation in 22 double rooms, two studio apartments and two dormitory rooms. On top of the duties that you would expect in a hotel general manager, a proactive interest in the arts is essential and a vocal enthusiasm for London and all that it has to offer visitors.
- To lead the pre-opening phase of the hotel in collaboration with the board.
- To manage, oversee and direct all aspects of the hotel’s operations including finance, sales and marketing and recruitment.
- To ensure that guests receive an optimum standard of service within profit objectives.
- To maximise the hotel’s revenue by implementing attentive cost control measurements, using commercial flair to proactively push all that the hotel has to offer.
- To create a suitable working environment that supports revenue management disciplines and operational standards.
- To be a firm but friendly leader who sparks enthusiasm within the staff body.
- To help establish the hotel as both an arts industry landmark and an active component of Wood Green’s immediate environment and local community
- To strive to make Green Rooms Hotel a wonderful place for all!
See attached document for more information about the job and Green Rooms Hotel.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter by clicking on the Apply button below