Business Development Manager
This a great opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding, award winning national event catering business. This successful BDM will be able to throw themselves into lead generation, first appointments, preparation and presentation of innovative and cutting edge proposal documents and contract negotiations. As a Business Development Manager you will be capable of balancing financial performance and customer satisfaction with individual pro-activity and leadership. You will have a black book and network of contacts within the corporate market for all types of events that can accommodate 5 to 5,000 people. This is ultimately a field based role however head offices are based in Surrey.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with excellent communication and negotiating skills, in a role that enables you to contribute directly to the growth of the business and become a key player within the organisation-for the right candidate there is a lot of potential for growth within this upward company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Generate new business, drive sales and profitability, meet budgetary targets and establish an active, rolling pipeline.
* Develop in conjunction a business growth strategy for the division-a strategic plan to target potential new customers from identified prospects
* Overall responsibility for setting, reporting and achieving annual sales budgets and KPI's for yourself
* Lead generation and identifying new opportunities through proactive calling
* Continually build and maintain a database of corporate contacts
* Building & maintaining strong relationships with prospects, clients, strategic partners and brand stakeholders - client relationships are key
* Gaining a deep understanding of client's needs and raising the profile through networking at events
* To work with Operations teams to seek and exploit opportunities to cross-sell, expand their services within existing contracts and deliver on the ground inc. daily liaison with the Directors and onsite attendance at events if required.
* Analyse and understand your local market place including; competitor strengths and weaknesses, demographic trends and corporate activity, tailoring your sales plans to make the most of any opportunities.
* Develop and execute sales and marketing programmes and content/collateral that increases brand identity and awareness- leading to measurable improved customer engagement and, of course, measurable sales.
* Achieving and maintaining a detailed knowledge of products, services, industry developments and trends
* Ability to identify unique selling points and express these in the correct voice and in line with values and culture
* Taking briefs, create comprehensive proposals, delivering concise & engaging submissions and leading all face-to-face presentations
* Document collating, formatting, layout and printing- ensure all documents are free from errors and professionally represent the brand
General Skills and Experience:
* Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results, honest, transparent and consistent.
* Organised, able to make robust judgements, delegate and prioritise
* Substantial experience (5+ years) in sector: entertainment, live events, hospitality or sports events
* Good knowledge of the sales circuit, clients, consultants and key competitor organisations- strong commercial experience
* Familiar with managing innovative tender proposals
* Experienced with managing marketing campaigns / live events
* Proven track record of delivering B2B sales -face to face and via telephone
* Not afraid to entertain clients and prospective clients
* Be able to present, assert, and speak at a senior strategic level
* Ability to develop, monitor and challenge the use of processes
* Proven networking and negotiation skills
* Experience of multi-site tendering processes
* Flexible mobile working outlook and not someone who is a clock watcher, a drive and enthusiasm and be totally motivated by success and winning
Please note, only those applicants with suitable skill sets will be contacted