Senior Head Chef, Retail and Production
Senior Head Chef, Retail and Production Permanent, Full Time
Amadeus Catering, at the NEC Birmingham
Salary: £39k circa plus a range of benefits
25 days’ holiday (+ bank holidays)
Group Personal Pension
Private Medical Care
Meal entitlement on shift
Free on-site parking
Great staff offers
Choices+ savings on everyday purchases and leisure activities
Amadeus delivers catering solutions to venues and event organisers who want to provide visitors with a unique and memorable food experience. Amadeus, multi award winning caterers are a division of The NEC Group with over 40 years of experience dealing with venue and event operations, delivering retail catering, fine dining and hospitality to thousands of visitors from all around the world. We are looking to recruit a Senior Head Chef who enjoys being part of a team delivering retail catering, fine dining and hospitality to thousands of visitors from all around the world. The role will be based at the National Exhibition Centre, the UK’s No 1 choice for exhibitions and live events, where we host over 500 events each year in our 20 interconnecting exhibition halls and 34 conference suites.
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, your main duties will include, managing a number of Retail catering outlets within the NEC and also the two onsite production kitchens (Pastry and Deli Production) that are based in the Concourse Area.
Key elements of the role will be
- Managing their allocated team and ensuring areas are correctly staffed, whilst working within pre-set budgets
- Conducting monthly 1;2;1’s, 6 monthly Performs, and giving timely feedback on personal development
- Monitoring food standards and ensuring food specifications are adhered to at all times
- Reviewing food orders, whilst also controlling waste within their allocated areas
- Ensuring all Food Safety and Health and Safety guidelines are implemented and followed
The successful applicant will also be expected to continually evolve the range of products that are produced within the Production areas, ensuring that Amadeus are continually improving their food offer. This development work will need to be supported within Food Specifications and Methods of Work for others to follow.
Proven experience in a similar operation is essential. Ideally as an individual you will have had experience working for a large contract caterer, a large hotel group or event caterer delivering a wide range of food offers. You should also have the following qualifications and experience:
- Hold NVQ level 1, 2 and 3 or City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2
- Qualified to Level 4 Food Safety (or be willing to undertake relevant training)
- Hold a recognised Health and Safety qualification (IOSH)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience as Head Chef in a similar operation
- Be computer literate and be willing to undertake training to learn the groups IT systems
- Have a can do attitude and be adaptable to change
- Be customer focused and able to deliver excellent service
- Strong communication skills
- Be dependable, reliable, motivated and a team player
This position is ideal for a forward thinking chef who wishes to develop their career in a unique world class venue, delivering a wide range of food offers to over 4 million visitors each year.