Sous Chef - City of London
Sous Chef - City of London
Up to £29,500
Monday - Friday
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - 'Bringing people together with brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant associates'
Our inspirational food is alive with flavour and nutrition, sourced in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our customers, communities and the environment and we match this with the excellent service of our brilliant associates.
Our values are our DNA - INSPIRATIONAL FOOD - INNOVATIVE SPIRIT - ASSOCIATES WHO EXCEL - STRONGER TOGETHER
We are recruiting for an experienced and talented Sous Chef to join this very prestigious unit in the heart of the city. You will be responsible for all employee dining requirements and will need to ensure we are on trend and successfully competing in the market place.
The catering service includes a variety of hot and cold offers including exciting street food style concepts and grab and go options.
If you are innovative and creative, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - we want to hear from you!Main responsibilities
- The Senior Sous Chef will assist in the planning, organisation, preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of functions and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality and fine dining events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- Experience of working in contract catering
- Passion for food and upcoming food trends
- Exceptional culinary skill
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Have a flexible approach
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Catering for 1000 staff daily
- Working in a team of 12, producing high end and high quality food
- Developing and supporting team members
- Supporting in the creation of exciting menu concepts from street food offers
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Stock taking, ordering of stock etc
- Deputise in the Head Chefs absence
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.