Conference and Events Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Hospitality Manager to work for Levy Restaurants UK in the stunning Leeds Castle, which offers breathtaking and historical surroundings.
Main duties are to provide the client facing day to day event management, ensuring the smooth planning and delivery of a first class catering product to our clients and customers whilst managing the business needs and performance standards, delivering “The Levy Difference”.Package description
Up to £30,000
Fantastic historical venue
5 out of 7 days
Lots of progression and development opportunitiesMain responsibilities
The main duties of the Events Manager include:
- Hold weekly team meetings, daily event meetings for management team
- Attend regular meetings and liase with Client and Dining co-ordinator.
- To be a key liaison for all clients, to ensure we exceed and manage their expectations
- To help the GM manage and execute new menus, tastings, specials and promotions to exceed guest expectations and ensure profitability
- To manage the operational team to ensure that every sales opportunity is taken to 'up sell' to our customers depending on the profile of event
- Establish good customer relationships and ensure the appropriate level of contact is maintained, meeting customers on event days, making sure all our customers are aware of your position.
- To record and deal with all customer comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action, turning any negative customer experiences into positive ones.
- To ensure effective communication, motivation and involving individuals within the team
- Ensure staffing levels are effectively managed across the hospitality department, providing excellent customer service to the agreed standard and financial targets
- Liaise with GM to ensure targets for upselling are set and achieved
- Liaise with Culinary Team and provide support for new menu feedback and development
- Manages all aspects of event labour scheduling, and addresses forecasting and actual labour spends. To ensure they have all staffing numbers for future events up to three months in advance of event.
- Continue to build sales through strategic programmes instigated both by client and Levy Restaurants Management Team
- Manage all accounting queries within a realistic time line and liaise with GM and Accounts.
- Ensure all client invoices are up to date on the evening and in line with operational standards
- Work with and liaise with nominated suppliers to ensure we receive the best products and prices, to deliver and exceed client expectations within food and beverage.
- Each week ensures food and beverage stock takes are being conducted, and then results communicated to Accounts
- Ensure manpower planning and roistering for department maximises sales opportunities whilst controlling salaries and wage costs
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost overspends relating to department and take action as necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with set targets.
- Hires, trains and develops managers who deliver “The Levy Difference”
- Champion Health & Safety within department, ensuring that correct procedures are being kept
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Ensure all departmental employees consistently demonstrate customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and a knowledge of current promotions
To bet succeed in the role of Events Manager, you should be:
- Flexible with schedule, able to work different shifts when required on event nights
- Must have a ‘can do’ positive, driven attitude
- Have a standards and quality driven management style with excellent communication skills
- Experience in management of complex mix of stakeholders
- Good mix of operational and support experience
- Able to self manage and self discipline
- Structured and approachable people management skills
- Highly proactive and innovative in approach
- Constantly challenges the ‘status quo’
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of food and beverage, operates with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.