We are a leading supplier of catering to the fashion industry across London and we’re looking for a chef to join our team at our busy Stoke Newington kitchen. You will be responsible for the ordering, preparation, cooking and plating of menus for our clients who are typically in the fashion industry. As such, we are seeking an individual who has the ability, confidence and desire to uphold the level of food we produce.
We are a forward thinking, growing company and we’d love to have a chef on board that grows with us.
If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to have a chat.
• Approx. 5am – 2pm primarily Mon-Fri (occasional weekend work)
Food Preparation & Handling
• Prepare & cook breakfast and lunch menus for clients.
• Ensure the quality and presentation of food sent from the kitchen is of the highest standard and on spec.
• Responsible for ordering and monitoring food and ingredients required.
• Plan, organise and monitor controls of food quality, presentation and service.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment is maintained at all times.
• Prepare food using fresh ingredients to an exceptional level.
• Prepare menus and develop recipes.
• Conduct work in line with current legislation at all times.
What we are looking for:
• Passionate about food
• Team player with strong communication skills.
• Energetic, hard-working & efficient
• Can do attitude, sense of humor and a smile!
• Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative.
• Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
• Previous Catering experience desirable but not necessary.
Health and Safety
• Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in
the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene;
• Ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of
cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas
Wolf & Lamb Catering Co. Ltd 2
• Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health and
Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments;
• Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by
assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and staff;
• Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and
advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement;
• Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food
Hygiene) Regulations 1995;
• To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food
Handling and Hygiene Regulations;
• Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation,
and reporting of equipment issues.
To apply please send a covering letter/email & CV.