Spanish Speaking General Manager
Spanish Speaking General Manager
Job Title: General Manager
Department: Neilson Beach Club
Location: South East Spain
Reports to: Business Manager
Direct Reports: Activity Manager, Hospitality Manager, Front of House Manager, Head Chef, Purchasing Manager, Head Housekeeper, Accountant
Interfaces with: Head of Hotel Operations, Head of Overseas Operations & HR
Job Role Summary
To manage the day-to-day operation and performance of our brand-new Neilson property in south east Spain. You will facilitate an enjoyable guest experience, generate sales revenue and ensure that all standards are maintained.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• To ensure that all departments are run in accordance with our hotel policy.
• Prioritise guest and staff welfare and ensuring a personalized service is provided at all times.
• Provide training for all hotel employees in order to achieve the highest degree of competence when undertaking their duties.
• To be a role model and champion the Neilson vison and values in a professional and positive manner.
• To achieve the set customer service and financial targets across all departments within your hotel operations.
• Build rapport with all guests and team members to enhance their Neilson experience.
• Anticipate the needs and feelings of the customer and responded appropriately.
• Identify and resolve any customer issues or complaints.
• Analyse customer complaints to identify trends and improve the overall experience.
• Monitor and maintain all aspects of the property in accordance with our health and safety policies.
• In the event of a fire alarm activation adhere to the statutory procedures to ensure safe evacuation of all staff and guests.
• Identify equipment and supply requirements and report any defects in a timely manner to the Business Manager.
• Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with the company and legal requirements.
• Manage and motivate your team to achieve their targets.
• Prioritize the needs of your team to ensure that they are able to perform their role to the best of their ability.
• To be highly organized at all times in order to achieve your objectives.
• Empower your direct reports and delegate effectively so that they take ownership of their own departments.
• Effectively use, monitor and control your manpower and material resources whilst balancing both budgetary requirements and customer needs.
• Support direct reports within their roles as required.
• Communicate effectively with your teams to support them in the daily management of the business.
• Carry out any oral and written communication in a manner, level and pace, that will promote their understanding and build effective working relationships.
• Establish productive working relationships at all levels and ensure interpersonal conflict is identified and minimized.
• Carry out effective overseas recruitment and selection of new employees in accordance with company procedures, best practices and in line with wage budgets.
• Ensure there is a quick and decisive response to resolve immediate and short-term problems.
• To be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort with the assistance of the UK recruitment team.
• Identify the training needs of direct reports in relation to business plans and objectives.
• Provide feedback at regular one to ones and complete the appraisal process for each employee.
• Manage poor performance and conduct issues in accordance with the UK HR team.
• Motivate your team through recognition, reward and incentives.
• Set, monitor and control the budget and expenditure within your property.
• Complete detailed inventories for all staff accommodation and take utility readings at the beginning and end of season.
• Promote responsible tourism for the benefit of the environment by creating a culture of low wastage.
• Carry out all duties to ensure the smooth running of our overseas operation as designated by the Business Manager.
Resort Manager Personal Specification
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Strong leadership and personal presence
• Ability to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of results
• Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others.
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel, excellent numeracy skills and a strong command of the Spanish and English language.
EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
Organized and punctual with previous professional experience in:
• Managing an overseas operation
• Staff management
• Achieving targets, budget control and maximizing revenue.
Previous knowledge of Neilson product
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS OR ACCREDITATIONS
Educated to GCSE standard.
Management qualification e.g. Degree or equivalent.