We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join the team at a busy unit in London. The unit is the Department of Health, so you will be providing breakfast and lunch catering services to over 500 employees.
We are looking for a talented, Sous Chef to join our dedicated catering team, and who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients as this unit has a high focus on healthy eating.
For the right Sous Chef, we are offering a competitive salary, a supportive management system, and an enthusiastic team of 5.Package description
- £8.50 per hour contracted 37.5 hours per week
- Monday – Friday between 7am-3pm
- Opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The role involves being responsible for making sure the operation is run smoothly, producing meals from scratch, supporting the head chef, ordering, stock control and health and safety. The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times. Support the existing team in food production covering the entire members dining operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation. Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH.Ideal candidate
- Have previous experience as a Senior Chef De Partie or Sous Chef
- Passionate for food
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Be able to deliver a high standard of service
- Loves diversity in their work
- Must have enthusiastic, can-do attitude
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.