Are you tired of working weekends, late nights and split shifts? Do you want a better work life balance then this could be for you!
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Chef Manager for one of our Education contracts in Cardiff. We are looking for someone who has a passion for food and has excellent culinary skills, wants to make a difference and gets enjoyment out of cooking good food and lightening up someone’s lunch break, and who enjoys working with children. The Chef Manager will have the assistance of 16 team members.Package description
You will be working for the largest contract catering company in the world.
Monday to Friday!
Up to £24k dependant on experience
Meals on duty
Free car parking
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Catering for mid-morning break, breakfast, lunch and hospitality across 2 kitchens
- All food is cooked from fresh
- Responsible for the P&L accounts
- Training and motivating staff
- Fully responsible for all the H&S and F&H regulations
- Build an excellent relationship with the client and students
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Have a can do attitude and be able to work within a busy site
- Good team player
- Able to motivate staff and be a strong leader
- Be passionate about food
- Passionate and be able to maintain and improve the service that we offer
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Love to work with children
- Strong financial awareness of the business
- Be passionate about food and always working to very high standards
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.