General Manager - Cardiff City F.C.
Levy Restaurants UK have a brand new opportunity for an experienced General Manager at our contract Cardiff City F.C. The stadium seats 33,280 and as well as being an iconic sports venue, also offers a fantastic and unique space for conferences, exhibitions and events.
As General Manager, you will work closely with your core team of 12 to ensure exceptional customer and food service across all match-day and non-match day operations. You will take full responsibility for the £3M contract, whilst driving sales and innovation through developing and leading your staff, whilst focusing on building a strong business relationship with the onsite client to ensure standards are met and exceeded. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate who has a passion for high volume, high quality catering and who has experience in driving successful sales teams.Package description
- Up to £60,000 per annum + benefits
- Opportunity to work at a leading Levy Restaurants sports stadium in Cardiff
- To work 5 out of 7 days in line with business needs
- Development and progression supported
- To develop and effectively lead your team within a Levy Restaurants UK venue.
- To inspire your team of 12 to deliver consistently exceptional service to our clients and guests through the Levy Difference.
- To facilitate senior client and contractual relationships ensuring that we are true partners in their business.
- To review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets.
- To demonstrate full alignment to our Levy Restaurants UK vision and values by doing the right things and celebrating successes.
- Creating and living the Levy Difference in everything we do.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Food & Beverage, operating with focus on innovation, standards and market awareness.
- Must have a ‘can do’ pro-active and positive attitude.
- Have a standards and quality driven management style with excellent communication skills
- Experience in managing successful sales teams
- Passion for the catering and hospitality industry
- Structured and approachable people management skills
- Excellent financial acumen, including previous full P&L accountability
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of retail and conference & events management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and operate at all stakeholder levels
- Ability to drive change with effective project and stakeholder management skills
Levy UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Wimbledon and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record - there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.