We are a small country estate near Tunbridge Wells, with a beautiful historic house and we have a small but growing wedding and events business, which we are anxious to expand even more. We are looking for a Venue Manager who can work independently and is extremely self-motivated as most of your time will be spent working from home.
We want to develop the business, and so the venue manager will be completely involved with planning the forward path for this exciting business.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced- you must have 3 years’ experience working at Wedding Venue
- Educated in Business, Sales, Hospitality, Catering or related subject
- Confident sales-driven person with good attention to detail and strong financial acumen
- Marketing experience, social media, google ads…
- Must be prepared to work during some evenings and weekends.
- High standards, great attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude
- Proven sales, negotiation and persuasive skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to surpass targets
- Daily Communication with the venue staff and owner.
- Communicating general and relevant information within the house Staff and suppliers.
- Taking responsibility for any events allocated to you and ensuring they meet the clients' and company’s expectation
-Managing the planning and delivery of allocated events, ensuring consistency with Operations' procedures and standards:
- Placing equipment and stationary orders
- Responsible for the business telephone line
- Responsible for the business inbox—Enquiries, client emails, supplier Emails
- Venue Show rounds
- Planning of the event
- Preparing function areas
- Organisation of waste removal
- Liaising with the castle accountant
HEALTH & SAFETY/ FOOD SAFETY DUTIES
- Ensuring that both company, venue and legislative requirements with regard to Health & Safety at venues/on site are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring all cost related information is correctly recorded and reported to the relevant parties
- Taking a proactive role in gaining information regarding budgets, costings etc. to have a greater understanding of the company's financial management
- Achieving effective cost control by making optimum use of the correct resources and returning the required gross profits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15.00 /hour