We are seeking to appoint a Finance Manager to join our team at Tottenham Hotspur Football club.
The prime purpose of this role is to establish, maintain and develop a strong financial and operational control environment which ensures accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and forecasting.Main responsibilities
- Manage input into accounting ledgers through invoice and journal postings.
- Co-ordinate, manage the preparation and interrogation of weekly and monthly profit & loss flashes for the unit accounts. Authorship of narratives
- Preparation and reporting/presentation of the monthly business review pack and JV board papers
- Monthly client meetings to review performance and forecasting
- Compliance with all contractual / legal obligations, and monitoring of contractual KPIs
- Ensure all IT operating systems are optimised, proposing improvements, as applicable
- Review/preparation of monthly balance sheet, with appropriate action plans to address issues.
- Liaison with Head of Operations and Heads of Dept. to assist in the preparation, review and presentation of all major events forecasts and post event review and debrief
- Prepare/review, validate and present financial quarterly trading forecasts and annual budget submissions in liaison with Venue Catering Director
- Ensure effective cash management and control procedures both directly and via leading appropriately skilled and trained accounts staff to perform operational accounting functions.
- Record, monitor and report and recommend on effectiveness of capital investment projects – in this role, this will be significant regarding the mobilisation of the new stadium
- Work with the Venue Catering Director on business strategy, ensuring innovation and creativeness is applied with the correct financial measures in place
- Work alongside the client financial team, ensuring a seamless communication process and joint working relationship.
- Nice person
- Graduate, accountant qualified (or late stages)
- Experienced in the operational finance of Sporting/Venue/Events
- 5 years’ experience of the management of a finance function, preferably in similar industry
- Internal financial controls or audit experience (preferred)
- Competent people management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate: Intermediate Level Microsoft Desktop applications – Nexus and SAP desirable
- Team player
- Experience in managing client relationships and the ability to present confidently and professionally.
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.