Buttons is an 86-place nursery located in a distinctive Edwardian house in a residential area south of the town centre of Hanwell. It opens from 7:30am to 6:00pm and provides plenty of on street parking. The nursery is recognised as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, it has been refurbished to an exceptional standard and boasts a self-contained baby nest, a new preschool garden and spacious rooms filled with Community Playthings resources.
We are now looking for a creative and passionate Nursery Chef to join a growing and dedicated team, working 40 hours per week over Monday-Friday.
- To organize, cook and prepare a healthy, nutritional and balanced diet for children aged 0 to 5 years in accordance with the nursery menus.
- To take into consideration daily those children who have special dietary requirements and prepare a suitable alternative.
- Ensure high standards of hygiene, health and safety is maintained in the kitchen at all times.
- Relevant catering qualification
- A positive approach to gaining further qualifications and CPD
- A level 2 food hygiene certificate
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of catering for children with a variety of dietary needs
- Experience in meal preparation and cooking
- Experience of working in partnership with parents
- An awareness of food allergies and how to eliminate risk
- Experience of Environmental Health inspections/legal bodies and their requirements within day care on non-domestic premises
- Understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety including COSHH
- Experience of complying with the Safer Food, Better Business regulations and a familiarity of associated paperwork
- Knowledge of meeting children’s needs
- You will receive an annual holiday entitlement and get the week off between Christmas and New Year on the Company
- You can take an extra day’s holiday in the month of your birthday, whenever it suits you
- Receive paid time to attend numerous training and CPD activities
- Receive a discount on your childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
- Get childcare vouchers/tax free childcare
- Your salary will be reviewed every April
- Annual Company awards to recognise colleagues with outstanding achievements
- Regular bonuses to celebrate the team’s success
- The Company will contribute towards your pension
- Medicash health plan – investing in your health
- Unlimited access to Eduko Extras – flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
- Payments to recommend friends to work for Eduko