As the number one in our restaurant, this role will suit you if you are hungry for success and development. Our Restaurant Managers need to be fiery and passionate individuals who can turn their hand to just about anything! As a Restaurant Manager you will have responsibility for the overall success of the restaurant – You will take pride in ensuring your team deliver high standards, you will revel in delivering the best commercial results possible whilst ensuring your customers are happy as can be. You will be a natural leader of people, who can motivate and grow your team to be the best that they can possibly be.
You must have experience as a Restaurant Management and you will thrive off working in a fast paced environment.
TITLE: Restaurant Manager
REPORTING TO: Directors
JOB PURPOSE: To be responsible for the overall co-ordination of all F&B within the restaurant, ensuring that both the required profitability and standards are achieved.
- Ensuring the proper operation of the restaurant according to Wok to Walk’s standards and policies.
- Ensuring employee good-service, professionalism, competence, well-being and behaviour are in order.
- Checking restaurant cleanliness.
- Counting the cash income of the previous business day, depositing money in the bank, and filling in the daily cash report appropriately
- Recording expenses and filing receipts.
- Checking deliveries and handling related paperwork
- Counting the drinks and boxes stocks and writing the figures in the relevant table.
- Placing orders with suppliers, reviewing and approving invoices in a timely manner.
- Reading and processing the mail on a daily basis.
- Processing payments to suppliers.
- Ensuring sufficient amount, and when necessary, acquiring of small change.
- Checking the bar to kitchen from the previous business day, and operate if necessary.
- Recruiting employees (including advertising, interviewing, preparing contracts and other necessary documents, as well as training the new employees).
- Preparing the weekly/monthly shift schedule for each upcoming week. In it each working as assigned their shifts and positions for the up-and-coming week/month.
- Processing of salaries and other necessary payments.
- Selecting and negotiating with current/potential suppliers (as a restaurant manager you should always strive to lower the cost of food while maintaining the quality of the ingredients/products).
- Holding a monthly/quarterly staff meeting where feedback can be solicited. Encourage your employees to share their work difficulties and their constructive suggestions with you and with their peers. In all our shops we strive to create a team spirit and a feeling of belonging to our Wok to Walk family.
- Celebrating employee’s birthday.
- Meetings with the accountant to review and approve the monthly income and tax statements and payments reports.
- Food quality – food hygiene and safety standards should always be maintained at the highest possible level.
- Maintenance and fixing of equipment
- Improve – always inspire to improve. Improvements in quality of food, service, speed of service are an ongoing process.
- To ensure communication between all team members is positive and pro-active.
- Actively encourage sales activity from all team members.
- To actively promote and up sell products to maximise sales.
- To ensure security of all stock and equipment.
- To create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensure a high level of commitment within the department.
- To liase with the Head Chef and keep informed of all operational incidents, problems etc, occurring within the day to day operation of the restaurant.
- To cover duty management shifts as and when required.
- Maintaining sales and marketing methods
- Achievement of Absolute and Core standards
- Mystery Shopper
- Statutory Compliance
- Compliments / Complaints
Does this sound like you? If so we’d love to hear from you!