FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER
Often described as ‘Probably the most beautiful setting in the South West’ with the original buildings dating back many centuries. They are of great local interest with a history stretching back to William the Conqueror and we are reportedly mentioned in the Doomsday Book.
The three magnificent listed buildings and impressive Tithe Barn provide the focus of this superb conference, restaurant, hotel and entertainment facility. The Georgian Mill owner’s house and adjacent cottages have been transformed into a luxuriously appointed 22-bedroom hotel. The original mill building has been sympathetically converted into a stylish restaurant and underneath can be found a traditional local’s bar with flagstone floors and oak panelled walls. The four storey Granary building adjacent encompasses a beautifully appointed lakeside bar and restaurant and further function rooms. The ‘piece de resistance’ is the acclaimed Tithe Barn which hosts approaching 200 weddings, balls, conference etc every year.
Our ambition is to reinforce Haselbury Mill’s position as probably the pre-eminent venue in the South West and to ensure that every guest has an unforgettable experience. The very active freehold owners, who have been energetically developing this unique facility for twenty years, are seeking to appoint a dedicated, experienced industry professional to drive the catering, and hence the Mills’ reputation forward.
As a key member of the management team you will be directly responsible for effectively and profitably managing the Front of House catering operation through direct and delegated supervision.
You should view yourself as host first and foremost but never lose sight of the imperative to deliver healthy financial returns. You will need to demonstrate very high standards of attention to detail, be creative, hands on, diplomatic and be a commercial thinking always seeking our new avenues to improve the guests experience.
You will be required to build and coach a first-rate team ensuring that they consistently deliver the highest standards of customer care. You will strive to reinforce the Mills’ reputation for the warmth of its hospitality and for the use of local suppliers, fresh food in particular and the seasonality of all menus.
- To ensure the smooth running of the restaurant and bars at all times.
- Recruitment, training and development of front of house staff
- Implement a method of testing customer satisfaction and establish targets and plans to improve current levels
- As a separate project, promote and develop our traditional, rustic Miller Bar (the pub) which is ideally suited to promoting local ciders, beers and other regional produce
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Salary of 40K plus, dependent on experience
- Bonus Plan
- Accommodation available
- Work based pension
- 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays
- Great opportunity for advancement. Our success is proving infectious and there are real opportunities to progress within this fast-moving business.
Please forward your CV, plus most importantly an accompanying letter outlining your attributes and aspirations, to Tracey Bryant – by clicking "Apply Now"