CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for CH&CO Venues, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Working as part of the sales team at The Honourable Society of Gray's Inn, the Events Executive will sell and coordinate corporate events within the venue.
Sales, Quotations & Customer Relations
• Ensure that all enquiries (telephone / email) are dealt with in an efficient and friendly manner.
• Ensure all administration and correspondence is dealt with promptly and accurately.
• To respond to incoming sales enquiries, follow up on function details and liaise with the sales team on a daily and weekly basis on outstanding and potential business.
• Gain clear understanding of potential client’s requirements to provide accurate and successful proposals.
• Ensure all future sales leads are followed up correctly and in a timely manner.
• Ensure you and the team work towards the conversion of all sales leads to confirmed bookings and repeat business.
• Management of key accounts / event clients with higher spends per head, more complicated logistics.
• Carefully plan all quotes to ensure that the event can be executed efficiently by the Operations Team and the correct profit margin can be made.
• Mailing marketing material, menus and directing clients to the website and proactive follow-up of all information sent.
• Be able to put together bespoke packages to meet client’s requirements.
• Organising and carry out ‘show rounds’ of the venue to potential clients wherever possible.
• Follow bookings from enquiry to confirmation ensuring all relevant information, including catering and AV, has been collected and that the event sheets are complete in good time.
• To strive to continually exceed customer expectations and provide excellent customer care.
• Meet clients on event days/ evenings where appropriate. Attend client events as necessary.
• Work with the Sales Manager to resolve any customer or client complaints in a positive manner.
• Reviewing customer feedback – reacting to comments, looking at improvements that we can make.
• To ensure you and the team are maximising selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available.
• Ensure all correspondence relating to an event is filed accurately and passed on to the appropriate Operations Manager / Event Manager.
• Follow the deposit process and ensure the deposit invoice is paid before the event and terms and conditions have been signed.
• Ensure invoices are paid on time after the event, contact (assist in debt recovery) for any clients who have exceeded their contract term.
• Attend and actively participate in weekly sales and operational team meetings.
• Ensure you are carrying out the follow-up procedure after an event with the objective to acquire further business. Ensure all data is recorded.
• Help compile data for monthly reporting to include team show round conversion reports, conversation rates, number of new accounts opened / repeat clients, top accounts (by revenue and frequency), top agents / commission paid, plus number and source of enquiries.
• Additional reporting as and when required.
Sales & Marketing
• Attend and actively participate in regular evening sales meetings with the CH&Co Venues teams.
• Proactive approach to sales, develop new initiatives in line with business needs.
• Ensure all sales opportunities are exploited throughout the property and processes are adhered to.
• To lead proactive sales and marketing activities as required e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions, telemarketing, increasing the awareness of the venue to potential event bookers.
• Plan and prioritise personal and team sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales, especially managing personal time and productivity.
• Analyse and report on market competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
• Support other sales and marketing activities by CH&Co Venues.
• Flexibility to work evenings, to attend client events, promotions, trade exhibitions, client entertainment evenings and sales events, sales meetings as required.
• Flexibility to work at other CH&Co venues as and when required.
• Maintain and update the customer database at all times to ensure accuracy – ensuring the client contact details are kept up to date, market source of the enquiry, reason for releasing a provisional booking, competitor information, client communication if appropriate/relevant.
• Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual and team account support and liaison.
• Referral of business through the CH&Co Venues portfolio as appropriate.
• Introduce new clients and business to the venue and other CH&Co venues.
• To undertake other sales and marketing activities as required, set by the Sales Manager/General Manager.
• To ensure that you adhere to legal and company requirements in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
• To report all accidents, breakages, losses, unsafe working conditions and any other irregularities.
• To ensure a standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene.
• Work in a safe and tidy manner at all times.
• To demonstrate a knowledge of food and beverages offered and operate with a focus on innovation and standard awareness.
• Plan, prioritise and manage personal time and productivity.
• To attend and report at client meetings on KPI’s if required.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
• Have a good experience of event operations to ensure that the client receives the best possible advice and guidance for their event.
• To assist the Sales Manager in supporting and guiding the onsite sales team to work to achieving increased conversion rates, event sales and repeat business.
• To assist the Sales Manager in supporting, guiding and managing the onsite sales team to ensure they are conducting their role as per their job description.
• To assist the Sales Manager motivate and lead the onsite sales team.
• To be a committed and motivated team member focused on the delivery of the Gray’s Inn and CH&Co values.
• To ensure you and the sales team maximise selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available.
• Using your event (both coordinating and operationally) knowledge and experience, help train and develop the onsite sales team.
• To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work. Be polite and courteous and help your colleagues.
• Participate in staff meetings and training as required.
• To ensure you adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set in the company handbook.
• To maximise sales generation through effective implementation of the marketing plans.
• To keep a track of the marketing spend and budget if required.
• To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake and spend per head.
• To ensure you achieve and exceed team and individual sales targets (individual and group) on room hire, food and beverage, sundry items.
• Ensure all financials are accurately recorded and that the status of each booking is kept up to date to allow for financial forecasting.
• Assist the Sales Manager and General Manager in forecasting sales when required.
• Full understand on event costings.
• Ensure that all event invoices produced are correct before being issued to clients.
Minimum of two years experience in a similar role required.