Responsible to: Home Manager
Responsible for: All Catering Staff
Showing careful consideration and attention for the needs of other people.
To feel seen, heard and to give and receive without judgement.
Together we achieve more. Our residents, our families, our colleagues, our organisation.
Listen to what people are actually saying by being thoughtful, connecting and working together.
As Head Chef you will have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the kitchen management from planning the menus, motivating and leading your team, ensuring the dining experience meets the needs of all our residents, ensuring food standards are kept high. Co-ordinating all aspects of Kitchen production so that food is prepared to the agreed standards and time deadlines are met. ordering and supplier of stock, training and coaching more junior staff, ensuring all HACCAP and COSHH requirements are met.
- To implement and supervise all aspects of kitchen control e.g. menus, hygiene, health and safety, staff, cleaning and waste control.
- To identify and recruit all grades of staff under your control within the agreed guidelines.
- To supervise and develop staff using the available company resources, to maximise their potential.
- To order catering consumables from current nominated suppliers in line with Company Purchasing policy.
- To have a full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation is completed and signed by the appropriate members of staff
- To complete monthly audits for kitchen reporting any finding to Home Manager
- To prepare menus for the nursing home taking into account the content, balance, colour and nutritional values, in line with agreed budget.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain the agreed stock levels of food.
- To implement and maintain an agreed deep cleaning schedule for the kitchen.
- To carry out stock takes at the end of each month.
- To implement four weekly rotas.
- To work within the agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co- operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To assist in the preparation of function menus and costing.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
- To attend resident/relative meetings whenever possible.
- To carry out staff supervision adhering to home policies.
- To complete all staff personal development reviews.
Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults / Mental Capacity Act
To complete training on Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and be able to understand and implement SVA and MHA policies and procedures taking responsibility for reporting any safeguarding concerns to the senior person on duty.
Health and Safety
As an employee of Walden Care, the post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to:
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the organisation, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
The post holder must at all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the company’s ISO27001 accreditation. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on a computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclose data only to authorised persons or organisations as instructed. This list of duties and responsibilities is by not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
To apply for this role. please click on "Apply Now"