Woodhall Manor is an elegant Elizabethan manor house set in the heart of Suffolk and is used primarily
for weddings, plus some exclusive use events. The venue has several function rooms capable of holding
up to 150 people. There are also 14 bedrooms.
Woodhall Manor is part of the Heritage Rocks group which owns two other similar properties.
About the role
The role would suit an up and coming manager, having gone through the hospitality ranks. The ideal person will particularly have a strong ability in both the areas of Food & Beverage and Operations.
The venue manager will be fully responsible for all operational aspects of the venue, with day-to-day management of staff and events. This person will be an ambassador for the brand, providing leadership by example to all staff and personnel. The strategic planning of all departments is paramount as is working closely with the management team (HODs). The person for this role must possess the skills and ability to work well with a team and demonstrate the ability to work under their own initiative.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the venue’s annual operating budget. Manage on-going profitability of the venue, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Maximising event revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Help create and maintain a culture in-line with the company values.
- Provide effective leadership to all team members, ensuring career progression and development.
- Responsible for all legal requirements, ie Occupational Health & Safety, fire regulations, etc
Who we are looking for
Reporting directly to the business owners, candidates for this role must be highly intelligent hospitality professionals with a proven track record, outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience within the industry.
This is a privately-owned business and as such, it is important the successful appointee understand the nuances of working in such an environment. The owners are entrepreneurs who look for innovative and exciting new ways to move their businesses forward.
Package and benefits
The salary will directly reflect experience and abilities of the successful candidate.
Additional benefits could include:
- Accommodation – available if required, also assistance with re-location
- Rewarding bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"