The responsibilities for Kitchen Porters primarily remain the same across all industries. Ten of these responsibilities include:
- Dishwashing: All dishes, ranging from pots and pans to the cutlery, are either hand washed or loaded into the dishwasher by the Kitchen Porter.
- Delivery Organisation: Kitchen Porters are responsible for receiving deliveries and ensuring that deliveries are organised once in the kitchen.
- Storage Management: Storage must be organised so that all ingredients are easily accessible.
- Waste Removal: Kitchen Porters empty all trash bins and ensure that all waste is disposed of promptly.
- Basic Food Preparation: If a kitchen is extremely busy, kitchen staff may turn to Porters to perform basic food prep.
- Material Collection: If a chef needs materials or ingredients, Kitchen Porters collect those materials.
- End of the Day Clean Up: Once a kitchen is closed, Kitchen Porters assist in cleaning to make sure that the kitchen is ready for the next day.
- Equipment Maintenance: All equipment is cleaned and maintained by a Kitchen Porter.
- Following Instructions: Kitchens can be chaotic, so it is important that Porters listen to their superiors and follow instructions.
- Ensuring a Safe Environment: Cleanliness is directly related to a safe cooking environment, and Kitchen Porters ensure a safe environment by effectively cleaning all cookware and cooking surfaces.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"