Regional Operations Manager
The Company has been around since the early 90’s and has become a leading contract caterer in the area of education which accounts for around 90% of their units with the remaining 10% being Business and Industry outlets e.g. staff restaurants etc.
They have achieved consistent growth year after year by keeping the core values upon which the Company was founded.
This role will be working in the state schools sector and will have a mix of about 12 primary and secondary schools to look after. All of these will be within the M25 and likely to be in the segment between M4 and M11 of the M25. E.g. North London, North Middlesex and Hertfordshire.
Overall the role is all about the successful management of various units, as required. Providing direct management and support to sites and assuming operational responsibility for sites as necessary, maintaining company and client standards of HSE, food service and professionalism at all times.
Key Features of the Role:
- Understand and deliver company and client service standards, both operationally and financially and continually strive to exceed them through a pro-active, responsible and committed approach.
- Ensure retention of all business through customer satisfaction levels at each individual site.
- Lead, develop and motivate Site Managers and through them the staff they are responsible for
- Develop and continually strive to improve the performance and skills of managers and all catering staff. Plan and deliver training as required
- Build strong and productive relationships with Directors and Management of all levels throughout the business.
- Regularly attend sites to ensure service standards are being achieved
- Plan, organise and control the catering establishments operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and service are provided to the appropriate company standards as set by Director Maintained Schools/Senior Manager Client Services.
- Be ready assist the Director Maintained Schools/Senior Manager Client Services with any special tasks or project considered necessary. Also to help commission relevant new contracts gained by the company
- Ensure accounts operate within budget, investigating and actioning any deviations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be an accomplished Catering Operations Manager with experience of managing multi-sites / multi contracts
- Ideally MBA or degree qualified supported by craft or catering qualifications
- Able to demonstrate that you are a team player
- Good working knowledge of contract catering/FM industry sectors
- Have strong commercial experience and business acumen and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will understand how you can make a difference and know what good looks like
- Hungry to take on responsibility, have a great ‘can do’ attitude
- A genuine passion for outstanding food and impeccable standards.
- A great leader, proven motivator, able to achieve production goals.
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Excellent knowledge all regulations relating to HSE and food safety making sure that the company and client standards meet UK legislations
- Confident in approach, have self-awareness and the ability to approach and be approached both by clients and employees.
- Understanding the financial aspect of the industry and be good on delivering budgets.
- Ideally some project management experience
- Candidates must be able to provide satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure or security clearance, clear Bared List Check essential and compliance with safeguarding regulations
What’s on Offer?
- A basic salary between £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Excellent bonus scheme package
- Additional benefits include PMI & Company Car
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent pension scheme.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Catering Operations Manager
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us by putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line of your message.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.