Area Support Chef
The Company has been around since the early 90’s and has become a leading contract caterer in the area of education which accounts for around 90% of their units with the remaining 10% being Business and Industry outlets e.g. staff restaurants etc.
They have achieved consistent growth year after year by keeping the core values upon which the Company was founded.
Their catering teams are skilled in the art of transforming fresh, seasonal ingredients into nutritious home-cooked meals that support healthier lifestyles and enable customers of all ages to perform at their best throughout the day.
They are looking for an Area Support Chef to maintain food standards through their team across a number of primary schools within the London Borough of Bromley. The position is permanent.
You will be required to work in their primary schools alongside Chefs and Cooks supporting them to achieve company food standards. Additionally, during periods of Chef / Cook absence you will lead the team in all areas of food and service management.
Key Features of the Role:
- Maintain and develop food standards through the staff within the group school business to the client and company standard.
- Lead kitchens during periods of absence of the chef/cook manager, completing duties and responsibilities of chef/cook manager
- Know and understand the company and client’s expectations operationally and continually strive to exceed them through a pro-active, responsible and committed approach.
- Lead and motivate by example the managers and supervisors you come into contact with and through them the staff for whom they are responsible.
- Involvement in menu planning, special events and hospitality events
- Plan, organise and control the Catering Establishments’ operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and service are provided to the appropriate Group Schools
- Plan and deliver training as required and create opportunities for career development and advancement
- Liaise with and meet Headteachers and the day-to-day client contact on a regular
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- An accomplished Chef with previous contract catering experience within large volume catering incorporating client liaison experience
- Ideally practical experience supported by NVQ level 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Proven craft and management skills
- A real passion for fresh food
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Strong leadership and management ability
- Good team working skills and ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure, flexible approach to work
- Professional demeanour
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Ambitious and career driven
- Must be able to attain a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure or security clearance, cleared Bared List Check essential and compliance with safeguarding regulations.
- Current and full driving licence and reliable vehicle is essential as you will be required to travel to multi sites on short notice.
- COSHH/PPE knowledge
What’s on Offer?
- Full time, permanent role
- £22,382 per annum for 40 hour working week, Monday to Friday, term time plus 2 additional weeks
- Great work life balance
- Mileage paid per mile between sites during the day (Not the mileage to/from work)
- Term time contract plus two additional weeks
- Excellent training and opportunities for career progression via the Company’s craft and management workshops
- High street and on-line discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 4.4 weeks holiday (taken during term holiday periods)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Chef with a current and full driving licence and reliable vehicle.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us by putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line of your message.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.