The Company has been around since the early 90’s and has become a leading contract caterer in the area of education which accounts for around 90% of their units with the remaining 10% being Business and Industry outlets e.g. staff restaurants etc.
They have achieved consistent growth year after year by keeping the core values upon which the Company was founded.
Their catering teams are skilled in the art of transforming fresh, seasonal ingredients into nutritious home-cooked meals that support healthier lifestyles and enable customers of all ages to perform at their best throughout the day.
As the Catering Manager you will be required to lead the catering team of 8 staff working in an independent School in Reading. You would be expected to be in your Chef Whites on a daily basis and be very hands on. This is a full time, permanent role
Key Features of the Role:
- As the Catering Manager you will be overall responsible for providing a breakfast and lunch and dinner service for over 1000 pupils on a daily basis.
- Develop and continually strive to improve the performance and skills of all catering staff, plan and deliver training as required.
- Follow, without compromise, the company’s policies, procedures, administrative systems and contractual terms with the delivery of these client focussed services.
- Planning, organising and controlling the establishments operations to ensure that the food quality, presentation and services are provided to the appropriate standards set
- Understanding of requirements both operational and financial and to strive to exceed their expectations through a pro-active, responsible and committed approach.
- Ensure that the Company Personal and Food Hygiene Policy and procedures are applied continuously and that there are no breaches Statutory or Local Authority regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be an accomplished Catering / Chef Manager with previous contract catering experience within large volume catering incorporating client liaison experience.
- Have good knowledge of finances as you will be required to assist in Annual Budgets and then achieve and maintain the food costing accordance to the budget.
- Must be able to attain a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure or security clearance, cleared Bared List Check essential and compliance with safeguarding regulations.
- Current and full driving licence and reliable vehicle
- COSHH/PPE knowledge
- Have the confidence and skills to plan menus, order food and light equipment in accordance with the company’s purchasing policy
- Able to demonstrate that you are a team player
- A great leader, proven motivator, able to achieve production goals.
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ideally practical experience supported by an NVQ level 2 Professional Cookery or equivalent
- A real passion for fresh food
- Proven craft and management skills
What’s on Offer?
• A basic salary between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
• Excellent training and opportunities for career progression
• High street and on-line discount scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• 4.2 weeks paid holiday
• Term time only + 10 days
• 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday
• Excellent pension scheme.
This is a fantastic role for a Catering Manager who is happy to work early evenings but no weekends and have the luxury of limited working weeks due to school holidays.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Catering Manager or Chef Manager within the Educational Sector
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.