Chef de Partie
The Company is setting a new benchmark by combining local produce and a table service restaurant
They are currently seeking a permanent Chef de Partie for their restaurant at their garden centre just outside Andover, someone with a passion for good food that is ready to continue developing their career.
The restaurant is table service with a full menu served from breakfast till lunch with cream teas proving to be very popular throughout the day. All food is cooked fresh to order and the emphasis being on good quirky presentation using seasonal ingredients. All meals are prepared daily in their kitchens using fresh meat, fish and seasonal produce. These are sourced from their own farm shop on site but also use where possible, local producers and suppliers.
Key Features of the Role:
- As a Chef de Partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on. Chances are that you'll be cooking great English cuisine.
- You will be expected to create and develop and set the highest standards of food quality and consistency.
- You will be a great team player with good organisational skills and the ability to thrive in a very busy environment, enhancing the company’s reputation for consistently preparing cooking and presenting dishes to the right quality that is second to none.
- Helping the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
- Managing and training any Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs working with you.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Ensuring you and the team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Great working hours, 5 days a week, 08.00am – 16.30pm
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an accomplished CDP or Demi CDP
· Have good knowledge off all sections of the kitchen including food preparation, afternoon tea, sandwiches/paninis, larder and breakfast sections.
· Familiar with all current legislation’s regarding food hygiene, safety, risk assessments
· Make sure your section is clean, tidy at all times and organised ready for the day ahead.
· Have the skills and confidence to producing menu orders keeping to their specifications
· Ideally with experience of working in a fresh food kitchen at a similar level, or a Commis Chef looking to move up to the next level.
· Your practical Chef de Partie experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
· Previous experience in a similar role requiring a broad food knowledge and precise attention to detail is essential.
What’s on Offer?
· Salary of £8 - £9 per hour
· Share of tips for kitchen and front of house staff
· Generous staff discount
· Uniform provided
· Free parking
· The opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture with career progression and training opportunities
· Once fully staff at least 1 weekend off a month
· Great working hours, 5 days a week, 08.00am – 16.30pm
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommelliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.