Back of House - Kings Mill Hospital
Medirest is the specialist healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing the highest quality patient-dining experience.
An exciting opportunity to join our Patient Catering (Back of House) Team has become available at Kings Mill Hospital. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Catering Assistant to help achieve our aims. The shift pattern for this position is 07:10 – 13:30 or 14:30 – 18:30pm, (weekly changing rota), giving a total of 20 weekly hours.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospital.Main responsibilities
- Follow cleaning schedules and food hygiene procedures, including HACCP and COSHH
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure maintaining effective customer care skills
- Dealing with call back orders effectively to ensure all patients receive the meal of their choice.
- The cleaning of all equipment and facilities for the provision of the service
- Loading and dispatching of insulated food containers to all areas of the hospital.
- Any other duty deemed necessary for the smooth running of the catering department
- Pick, pack trolleys for wards, ensure the correct amount of food and supplies are sent to the wards or depts.
- Prepare salads for delivery to the wards
- Take ad hoc requests to the wards or depts. as required to by the decant supervisor
- To drive the tug and trailer delivering trolleys to wards and depts.
- To hold a basic food hygiene certificate or to be gained within three months.
- To possess good verbal and written communication skills in order to liaise with a wide range of staff on ward areas.
- To be able to communicate with a wide range of staff.
- To understand that all HACCP documents in relation to quantity and temperature of food are completed and correct before despatch.
- To understand and comply with operation manuals including food safety, and HACCP and COSHH
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.