The Company is a fantastic independently owned fresh food Gastro Pub seeking a Sous Chef or Senior Sous Chef on a full-time basis, situated just outside Waterlooville in Hampshire.
The Gastro Pub’s kitchen is managed by a very talented Head Chef that has previously worked within Rosette establishments. The passion and aim for this pub is to create fantastic fresh English cuisne with a little twist and ultimately would like to gain accolades.
This role would be ideal for an existing Sous Chef that would like the experience to work in a vibrant, busy kitchen and be a part of the team that will no doubt win awards in the near future.
Key Features of the Role:
As the Sous Chef you are second in hierarchy after Head Chef, which means this position has full control over the kitchen and is directly responsible of the food quality produced, under the supervision of the Head Chef.
The role of Sous Chef is challenging, as you'll be expected to make sure the brigade is producing top-quality cuisine and that chefs with talent are trained and developed. In addition, you’ll have to take charge of the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
The Sous Chef tasks and responsibilities are diversified and vary from cooking or plating certain dishes to establishing the menu and dealing with the ingredient providers. Therefore, the position requires both culinary and managerial skills.
Full driving licence and own reliable transport is required due to the location.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Be an existing Sous Chef but the Head Chef may consider a Junior Sous Chef looking to make the next step in their career.
· Have worked within the pub / gastro pub sector within your career.
· Experience of high-quality food prep and service, exceptional personal standards and a grasp of kitchen culture.
· Familiar with all current legislation’s regarding food hygiene, safety, risk assessments etc.
· A great passion for creating and perfecting dishes & used to working with fresh, seasonal ingredients ideally obsessed with British pub cuisine.
· Have a ‘can do’ attitude and ambition to progress your career.
· Have good stock take knowledge and competent when placing orders.
· Possess excellent communication and team skills.
· Be able to manage the kitchens structure set by the Head Chef on their days off.
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive basic salary up to £27,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
- Contracted for 48 hours per week.
- Tips will be issued, roughly an extra £3000 per annum on top of your basic salary.
- You will be working under very talented, award winning Head Chef.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for us to hold your details on our database.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you. Should you not wish for your details to remain on our database then please contact us on email@example.com putting the words “Right to be Forgotten” in the subject line.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.