We have two exciting positions available for a Switchboard Operator to join us by providing a 24hr switchboard and alarm monitoring service to The Royal Surrey County Hospital.
We have a full time position available and also a part time position available working night shifts.Main responsibilities
- Operating an A/C WIN Computer Based Switchboard system. Dealing with internal and external enquiries, all the emergencies within The Trust and contacting personnel when requested by means of the bleep or paging systems.
- Providing cover for operators who are on annual leave/sickness.
- Being prepared to be called in for duty at short notice for day or night emergencies or to cover sudden absence of staff.
Carrying out any clerical work associated with above listed duties and including the following:
- When requested contact Royal Surrey on call personnel by phone, pager or mobile.
- Keeping daily diary of on call personnel amending the information when changes occur. Changing rota’s, keeping records of annual leave of Consultants, Doctors and Key Personal. Holding list of Interpreters.
- Being responsible for holding and acting upon Escalation Procedures for Norlands including Roof Access over Bunkers, Medirest,
We're looking for talented individuals who:
- Have previous experience of working within an office environment
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
An effective organiser
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.