Southampton Catering Assistant
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.Main Responsibilities:
- To serve food and beverages during breakfast and lunch time service. Duties will involve making coffee on an espresso coffee machine and serving food to office staff over a canteen counter.
- You will also be required to wash the plates and utensils used during the production and service of food. This includes filling and emptying the dishwasher.
- Cash handling and till operatering
- Re stocking on site vending machines
- To assist the chef with basic food production including making sandwiches
- Adhere to Hygiene requirements, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law
- To ensure that point of sale materials are correct and descriptive menus accompany all dishes and adequately represent the dish they support.
- To strive to continually exceed Customer expectations and provide excellent customer care
- Provide cover in other areas if required and to undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by management
- To ensure you adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- To be a committed and motivated Team member focused on the delivery of CH&Co values
- To ensure you maximise selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work.
- Be polite and courteous and help your colleaguesParticipate in staff meetings and training as required
- Able to deliver and exceed client expectations
- Self motivated and also able to work in a small team.
- Has experience of working in a similar environment