About Alexandra Palace
Alexandra Palace is the iconic north London venue that offers everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London. Ally Pally, as it is lovingly known, hosts exhibitions, live music, live sport and corporate events throughout the year.
About The Role
The Phoenix Bar and Kitchen Cook is responsible for the daily operation of the kitchen as part of the kitchen team. Main duties include food preparation and cooking of dishes as per the running menu. There is also an opportunity to put forward cost effective seasonal menu ideas and special to suit the customer demographic.
This is an hourly paid position working 37.5 hours (5 days from 7) per week. The hourly rate is £9.30.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service by ensuring the kitchen is operational on a daily basis as per the schedule timings, and food prepared, cooked and served in a timely manner
- Comply with all legislative and licensing requirements associated with food health and safety including: maintaining a clean and tidy working environment, temperature checks and completing tasks as per the cleaning schedule
- Assist with menu design by coming up with new dish ideas which can be sold on the seasonal menu
- Support other catering operations during busy periods including assisting in the main kitchen, ice café and East Court.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with Maths and English
- Fluent in English language
- Food Handling certificate Level 2
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Experience cooking and preparing food to order
- Experience working as part of a team
- Good written English with ability to keep accurate written records
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Available to work a flexible shift pattern which includes some evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Experience working in a pub or event kitchen
To apply please send a CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
Please see the attached job pack for full details.
Please note that applications will be shortlisted on receipt.