About Alexandra Palace
Alexandra Palace is the iconic north London venue that offers everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London. Ally Pally, as it is lovingly known, hosts exhibitions, live music, live sport and corporate events throughout the year.
About The Role
The Phoenix Bar and Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for supervising Bar Staff whilst on duty and ensuring that the customer receives the highest quality service. Experience of working behind a busy bar is essential along with experience supervising a team and experience handling and processing cash and card transactions. Food handling level 2 and a personal liquor license are desirable.
This is an hourly paid position working 37.5 hours (5 days from 7) per week.
The hourly rate is £10.10.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service by ensuring that customers are served efficiently and made to feel welcome
- Support the Bar Manager in maintaining all aspects of the Bar and Kitchen operation in order to deliver consistent customer service
- Prepare the bar and kitchen for opening at the start of the day and close down at the end of the day (depending on shift pattern) including cashing up
- Liaise with management and report back to bar staff with updates so that all employees are aware of event plans and organisation wide communications
- Maintain the timely set up and break down of the indoor beer garden in accordance with public events
- Comply with legislative and licensing requirements associated with food health and safety and the sale of alcohol
- Support catering colleagues in other F&B units including: ice café, backstage bar, East Court, and pop up bars across the site
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent with English and Maths
- Fluent in English language
- Experience working behind a busy bar
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- Experience delivering face to face customer service
- Experience handling cash and processing cash and card transactions
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to give clear instructions
- Trustworthy, reliable and honest
- Available to work a flexible shift pattern including some weekends, evenings and bank holidays
- Food Handling Level 2
- Personal liquor license
- Experience working in a venue
- Knowledge of Alexandra Palace's operations and events programme
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role
Please note that applications will be shortlisted on receipt.
Please see the job pack for full details.