Sales & Events Manager
Sales and Events Manager, Maternity Cover
We create imaginative tailor-made food and catering solutions for our clients, delivered with exceptional service at Prince Philip House.
This is a wonderful opportunity to have a varied yet full role as you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the event, sales & marketing operations and a team of 2 sales coordinators. Event knowledge, organisation and leadership is required in this role to ensure that we achieve top line sales and budgets. This role is based in a prestigious and award-winning events & hospitality venue hosting gala dinners, corporate receptions, conferences, meetings and show cases. There are 7 events spaces and its combined venue & catering turnover is £1.5m per annum and growing. You will be responsible for continuing this growth. This will be a 1 year fixed term contract, starting 26th November 2018.
• Identify new business opportunities via industry research and networking
• Proactively growing and developing relationships with prospective and existing key accounts
• Accurate business reports and understanding of where we can increase revenue
• Effective management of the online marketing of the venue through all channels including management of an external agency
• Design, plan and deliver the venues marketing plan, with support from the central team
• Attending organised events to engage with clients. E.g.: open days, exhibitions, displays etc.
• Ensure all marketing and sales collateral is in line with the venues sales strategy
• Create quality proposals for our clients – corporate, engineering, nfp, private and social
• Oversee and manage invoicing and payment for the events
• Previous experience of building a pipeline of new business
• Previous experience of managing a marketing budget and plan with an emphasis on online
• Strong commercial, financial awareness and team leadership experience
• Previous experience of working within an events, sales and marketing role for an events/venue company is desirable
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Able to adapt their approach and style dependant on who they are liaising with
• Natural flair for networking, self-driven and enthusiastic about success in their role