Barista Supervisor Costa Coffee - Peterborough City Hospital
A great opportunity to join our passionate Costa Coffee team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The successful candidate will be required to have a flexible approach to their working week, to meet the needs of the business. In return, we can guarantee 35 hours per week.
Must have previous supervisor experience.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
- To lead shifts when required including opening or closing of the store
- Train and support Baristas in delivering an unbeatable coffee experience
- To make and present hot and cold foods to include sandwiches, paninis and toasties
- Cash Management of tills and floats
- Responsible for ordering consumables/Food and accepting deliveries
- Maintain the quality of the espresso by accurately measuring and recording the grind
- To comply with store and hospital safety standards
- Review monthly audit scores and ensure standards are delivered 100% of the time
- To be knowledgeable about products and answer customer queries in a timely fashion.
- To brief and communicate any changes to drinks recipes or the launch of any drinks
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about coffee standards
- Brand Ambassador
- Passionate about training and coaching
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to work
- Previous Barista experience and supervisory knowledge is desirable
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.