Chef - Maternity Cover
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chef to join our team covering Maternity leave for at least 9 months. You will look after lots of hungry people, contributing to the efficient running of the kitchen. Responsible for producing a variety of dishes for the restaurant and meeting room areas to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.
You will be based at Quadrant Catering LTD ,Royal Mail centre ,Stourton ,Leeds
Working the hours of Monday - Friday 11.30 - 18.00 including half hour unpaid break
Every other Saturday morning 06.30-10.30 this is paid 4 hours extra.
And overtime as the business requiresMain responsibilities
- Working together with the team
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food
- Implement Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times
- Cooking and preparation of high quality meals for potentially large volumes of customers
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
Quadrant, a joint venture company between Compass Group UK &; Ireland and Royal Mail, is the specialist provider of catering and vending services to the Royal Mail.