We are looking to hire an experienced Night Porter to provide a safe and secure working environment for the client, customers, colleagues and visitors through the protection of their people, property, assets and reputation.
The successful candidate will ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome to National Grid Eakring, setting the scene for their stay and ensure that their needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned.
You will also complete administrative tasks accurately and within given deadlines. Be responsible for the security and safety of the accommodation area, site and its guests overnight in accordance to site Security Operational Procedures and Health and Safety PoliciesMain responsibilities
- Ensure that the service offered by all team members is professional. That guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up. Build relationships with guests, ensuring that their stay is enjoyable
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the site
- Ensure all regular and VIP guests are known and catered for accordingly
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to your Line Manager if unable to resolve
- Be familiar with site facilities and amenities within the local area. Assist guests with any requests e.g. information, making bookings, directions.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift
- Be fully conversant with handling of reservation enquiries, check in/out processes
- Have an understanding of hotel room booking systems
- Build and effectively utilise guest history profiles.
- Tour all areas of the accommodation areas on a regular basis and report irregularities to Line Manager and maintenance following site processes
- Ensure all access to the accommodation areas are secure as required by site policy and procedure
- Perform any related security duties as required overnight
- Complete all incident reports and distribute to appropriate Managers
- Record any unusual occurrences or problems arising to the Duty Manager and take appropriate action
- Communicate, work with and build a good working relationship with reception Day team to ensure a consistent level of service is offered throughout the business 24 hours a day.
- As a team, ensure that guest areas and offices are clean and tidy at all times.
- In conjunction with the Cleaning Supervisor, ensure public areas are clean and dirty/vacated rooms are in the system to ensure rooms are cleaned in a timely manner
- Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with site procedures.
- Balance the cashier at the close of shift and resolve any discrepancies in cash float balancing
- Be responsible for floats whilst on duty, do not finish your shift until all floats have been counted and agreed by the oncoming shift
- Ensure accuracy of guest bar bills.
- Report any faulty equipment to the relevant persons.
- Be familiar with current licensing regulations.
- Clean and maintain the work area, materials, and equivalent
- To always look out for opportunities to develop our service
- High standards of customer care
- Hold relevant SIA licenses, although not essential, training will be given
- I.T. skills
- Ability to work under pressure
14forty, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is a leading provider of food and support services in the business and industry sector. We offer high quality integrated facilities management (IFM) solutions to clients looking for a single provider. Organisations who rely on the performance of their people for their competitive edge, our integrated services provide the best customer experience and deliver value. In a rapidly changing world, we help our clients stay agile and one step ahead; our experts deliver great service in safe environments every day.
Built on the fact that there are 1440 precious minutes in every day, 14forty aims to maximise the productivity of each of these for its clients.