Multi Skilled Service Relief - City Care Centre
A great opportunity to join our passionate Team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting of City Care Centre, the role includes a variety of roles in order to improve the Patient Care we contribute too..This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a service in all areas, including Patient Catering, Domestic and Portering. You will be required to have a flexible approach to your working week in order to meet the needs of the business, in return we can guarantee 25 hours per week covering annual leave and absence, so no 2 weeks will be the same but you will grow in knowledge in all areas which will have great benefits and responsibilitiesPackage description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
As the role covers the three services that we provide across the City Care Centre, you will be trained in the following areas:
- Direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas
- Preparing of Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients along with Hot Beverages, taking orders and giving necessary advise on allergens and dietary requirements
- Cleaning Wards and Corridors in line with Micro fiber guidelines and contractual obligations
- Transferring patients throughout the center, working with ward staff
- Waste control throughout the site, including use of compactors
- Delivery of Linen
- Medical Gas delivery and collection and the security of
- Some Car Park duties and security awareness
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.