Ambitious & passionate Chefs!
The Wellington Hospitality Group is the region’s largest & much-loved hospitality company. We started off with one venue and over the past 11 years we have grown and now we have 25 Bar’s and Restaurants, a Brewery (www.fortunefavours.beer), a Function & Event Company (www.blackandgold.co.nz). All of this is run by hospitality loving team of 500+ awesome people.
A huge part of our culture and values is caring for our people and creating great guest experiences through delivering memorable hospitality. We have a strong focus on giving back to the community and a commitment to building a better business. We want to continue growing and need you to be a big part of this. You can check out more about us here to get an idea of what we’re about! www.whg.co.nz/join-the-team
We’ve got a number of exciting opportunities for fun, positive, high energy and talented Chefs to take a leap of faith and join us on the other side of the world in Wellington, New Zealand!!
Wellington is the coolest little capital in the world! (even if we do say so ourselves!) We love our arts, culture, nightlife, coffee and craft beer and sit bang in the middle of NZ so you can easily explore what the North and South have to offer! So if you can handle the thought of hosting a BBQ in the sun at Christmas and don’t mind mulled wine and skiing in July then Wellington is for you!
We are looking for legends who;
- Love that look at our guests face when they take that first bite of a great meal
- Are kind and caring and love people
- Are curious and always striving to learn and chase continuous improvement
- Enjoy and celebrate success with your team
- Have the desire to be innovative and try new ideas with food
- Learn from your mistakes and don’t dwell on them
- Have a passion for developing and leading your teams
- Have an extraordinary work ethic and set high standards for your team
- Are self-aware and understand how your behaviours and actions can impact others
- Have a management toolkit & are ready to bring new ideas on board
- Are all about integrity, you do the right thing even when no-one is watching
- Have superb organisational skills, time-management & are process driven
- Revel in delivering great hospitality and get off on the emotional impact it can have
We want to meet you guys so we’re planning on coming over to the UK in January or February. We’re super excited to hear from anyone who fits the bill above and wants to take the next challenge in their Hospitality career.
Fire us through a bit about yourself, your experience and what makes you jump out of bed in the morning and we’ll touch base from there. We are more than happy to support Visa applications for the right people.
Cheers and Beers,
Will, Ben and the Wellington Hospitality Group team