Chefs for a 2 rosette kitchen on the island of Sark
Independent 4 star hotel on the Island of Sark
Looking for passionate chefs of all levels (TAX FREE SALARY)
A great opportunity for passionate chefs of all levels to join our team for the 2019 summer season on the beautiful British Channel Island of Sark. We are fortunate to work with some of the best local produce in the British Isles. This includes fresh fruit and vegetables grown in our own organic, Permaculture gardens plus fresh local fish and shellfish caught within a 3-mile radius of the hotel, and locally reared meat, slaughtered on the island.
What we require:
- Hard working individuals with a passion for cooking high quality fresh food.
- Good personal hygiene and working hygiene.
- Good timekeeping.
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and safe working practices in a professional kitchen.
- Good sense of humour (we work hard and enjoy our work, we don’t operate a shouty kitchen).
- Previous experience of 4 star and 2 rosette standard kitchen or above.
What we offer:
- Live-in bedroom accommodation shared between 2 people. Each bedroom has its own en suite shower room, satellite TV and free WIFI access.
- Staff meals – we provide 2 meals per day, 7 days a week.
- Basic uniform is provided
- Basic seasonal medical health insurance.
- An equal share of the tips paid weekly in cash.
We have recently been recommended for a 3rd AA Rosette in our fine dining restaurant where we serve a seasonal A la carte menu plus a daily changing TDH menu. We also have a busy poolside bistro where we cater for up to 150 covers per day during the peak season.
As a kitchen brigade we continually strive to exceed expectations in all areas using superb, fresh, local, seasonal produce. If you would like to share in our success, please get in touch.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"