Coordinator - Peterborough City Hospital
A great opportunity to join our Logistics Team on a permanent basis has become available to work as a Coordinator within our busy healthcare setting.
The role is to assist in the management of all services to deliver a profitable yet quality, responsive and customer oriented services to meet the clients’ expectations, within all Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will be required to work 5/ 7 days between the hours 1pm – 11pm, 30 Hours per week. The successful applicant will have a flexible approach to working week to meet the needs of the business, you must be flexible to cover holidays and sickness between 11pm - 7am.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
- Represent the Logistics contract at Trust or Compass working groups and within the Health Care business.
- To work closely with the logistics manager and to constantly think of ways to improve the service and the retention of the contract
- Establish and maintains key client and sector relationships and ensures client expectations are managed
- Set objectives and targets for accountable staff, ensuring that priority is given to their achievement.
- Manage all logistics systems, such as GFM and PDA to produce data to create action plans to improve service delivery.
- Develop systems and procedures which support the business/operation
- Manage the annual leave and absence process and implement action plans to reduce absence levels
- Carry out regular audits across the site to ensure services are being maintained and agreed standards and performance to produce quarterly, annual or monthly reports.
- Ensure all members of the logistics team are adhering to health and safety standards
- Promote innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team
- To structure any changes required within the contract and to ensure that all members of the logistics departments are made aware of such requirements.
- Possess good IT skills and use of Microsoft Office, excellent oral and written communication skills and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to deal with a wide range of people and situations.
- Ability to organise own workload and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team but using own judgement and initiative when necessary.
- Able to maintain composure in stressful situation.
- Understanding of Hospital Soft Services and knowledge of Hospital layout.
- Understanding of relevant Manual Handling, Infection Control and Health & Safety issues.
- Previous experience of working in Portering, Coordinating, Soft Services or a similar role.
edirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.