Part Time Catering Assistant
Looking for a new opportunity? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have a jaw dropping and exciting opportunity for a experienced and highly talented Catering Assistant to perform a variety of tasks associated with the following:
- Food production,
- Front and back of house services
- Any general support required with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations.
The successful candidate will also perform general duties which support the efficient running of a contract or unit in line with our contractual requirements.Main responsibilities
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
- To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
- To promote good safety habits and methods of work To serve customers with hot and cold food and beverages on a counter during service times
- To ensure all displays, counters and seating areas comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements
- To assist in the preparation of hospitality as required
- To clean all work areas during and after use and remove all waste to the appropriate area
- To observe and comply with all company and unit procedures relating to cash handling and security, reporting any issues to the catering manager.
- To maintain temperature records as required and to report any variance
- To operate machinery as shown and trained to do so, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies
- To always look out for opportunities to develop our service
- As part of our commitment for continuous improvement and innovation, all colleagues are encouraged to seek ways to improve work activities and promote efficiency
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard applicable to the site/unit
We're looking for someone who has the following qualities:
- Passionate about delivering a world class service to our clients and customers
- Able to work as a team but also willing to act on their own initiative
- Acts with honesty and integrity
- Good communication skills in order to be able to liaise with a wide range of team members and customers within your work environment
- Able to comply with legislation and follow all rules and regulation laid down in the staff handbook and unit policy statements, with regard to uniform, personal hygiene, health and safety
- Criminal Records Bureau security checks required where applicable in accordance with Employment Law and Legislation
- SIA, Credit check, Security checks if applicable, depending on the role you carry out Customer service focused
- Team player and can‐do attitude
- Takes pride in personal appearance and hygiene Self motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude
If this role is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - do not hesitate, please apply today!
We look forward to receiving your CV.About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.