Catering and Domestic Assistant
Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able to offer a position as a Catering and Domestic Assistant within their Healthcare sector and are looking for individuals who preferably have some basic catering and cleaning skills.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering and Domestic Assistant to join our lovely team at Buckland Court in Dover, Kent. This position is for 16 hours per week based on a 4 month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming permanent. Ideal candidates should be team players, hardworking and flexible in their working approach as this is a 5 out of 7 operation including weekends and bank holidays.Main responsibilities
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling. Other duties will include clearing away tables and cleaning communal areas such as toilets.
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team.
- To prepare food items using very basic cooking skills i.e. baked potatoes with salad garnish and filling, preparing sandwiches, cooking of eggs, bacon, chips.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times.
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role.
Ideally, successful candidates will have previous experience within a similar role or an understanding of the catering industry. A desire to offer the highest standards in customer service is essential.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.