Deputy General Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
- Manage client and contractual relationships effectively in a highly commercial manner ensuring that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- Ensure that all the unit standards across each department within the event, catering and acommodation operations, are accurate and in accordance with client and CH&Co policies and procedures
- Drive solutions that exceed new and existing customer requirements and are built around a commitment to continuous improvement, a drive for greater efficiency and operational excellence.
- Ensure all services are provided as agreed within the client contract.Organise work throughout the unit in a manner that facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operations
- Ensure that the site implements all relevant Health & Safety procedures, including HACCP, Risk Assessments, accident and incident reporting and Health & Safety training.
- Ensure that all appropriate Health & Safety Information, instruction, training and supervision is provided to all employees to enable them to carry out their work safely and effectively
- Support the review of contract performance, identify improvements and ensure contract compliance to exceed client and customer expectations
- Be prepared to fully enhance existing service offers, drive service initiatives and take a full and supportive part in wider CH&Co teams, groups and study teams to develop better ways of working and share knowledge and experience and build more effective work processes
- To support the Operations Manager in the absence of the General Manager
- To be flexible and assist with any other reasonable request when required
- Lead by example, ensuring all employees adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as contractually agreed with the client.Lead and conduct regular team meetings and communication briefings
- Effectively communicate and consistently demonstrate an excellent level of customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and knowledge of current promotions
- Support the reduction of all absences and maintain regular updates on actions taken with your line manager and ensure appropriate rosters and labour management processes are in place; challenge and continually review labour structures and ratios
- Support the review of all labour costs and ensure that recruitment is reviewed in line with current business requirements. Ensure recruitment, induction, training, performance management, development and discipline of all employees occurs in the unit.
- Assist with the development of future budget, planning and delivery along with your line Manager.
- Maximise sales generation through effective implementation of CH&Co marketing plans.
- To grow the business in the unit through maximising uptake and spend per head to ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers using purchasing policy and price file on company intranetMaximise profit conversion through ensuring tight control of resources and cash control.
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost overspends relating to financial results for the unit and take action as necessaryEnsure every possible effort is made to achieve unit turnover and profit targets
- To initiate and implement action plans appropriate to the achievement of the unit budget.