Combined Mess Manager - RAF Henlow
Would you be interested in joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors. An organisation, which operates in over 50 countries in 50,000 client locations, but still retains a local presence within the community
A company that prides itself on not standing still and always seeking to innovate. We’re obsessed with the details and we’re always raising the bar higher so we can make our clients’ businesses better.
Who are we?
We are the Compass Group.
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We are looking for a talented individual to come on board and join the team at RAF Henlow, Bedford, as the Combined Mess Manager of their Sergeants & Officers Mess.Main responsibilities
You as our Mess Manager, will be responsible for the accommodation management, food & beverage provision, cleaning and housekeeping, function and events management. You will also hold full budget and accounting responsibility for this military mess.Ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
- Proven operational management experience within a contract catering, hotel or restaurant environment
- Managing teams to deliver innovative, high quality food and beverage service.
- Being obsessive about providing great customer service and food in both the café and hospitality environment
- Sound knowledge of procedural and legislative frameworks
- Sound financial acumen and experienced in managing budgets and growing sales